When you first arrive at The Medical you will be asked to complete a New Patient Form. This is so we can register you as a patient at and so the chiropractor knows a bit more about you. You will need to provide a full medical history, so please aim to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment begins (we want to make the most of your time with the chiropractor).
You just need to be prepared to move and stretch in what you're wearing. You may be asked to remove items of clothing so that the chiropractor can see the area of the body that needs to be treated. Please wear appropriate underwear or bring some shorts if possible. Otherwise we do provide gowns and towels for modesty.
Your first visit can last up to 45 minutes. During this time one of our chiropractors:
- will take a full case history
- may ask you to remove some of your clothes
- will ask your permission to perform a thorough physical examination
- may send you for x-rays or an MRI scan if needed
- your chiropractor will also check for signs of any serious conditions for which they will refer you to your GP or hospital if necessary.