Proper massage from proper pros
- Specially trained massage therapists
- Awarded 'Clinic Management Quality Mark'
- Awarded 'Patient Management Quality Mark'
- Male and female therapists available
- 8am - 8pm, weekend appointments available
Safe relief from lower back pain and swollen ankles
Pregnancy massage, or "prenatal massage", is similar to relaxation massage – it aims to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility, and just make you feel good. But pregnancy massage is also customised to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies, and the therapists trained in prenatal massage adjust their techniques accordingly.
Pregnancy massage is customised to an expectant mother's needs but is most often used to promote relaxation. Since many pregnant women suffer from lower back pain and swollen ankles especially in the later months, prenatal massage is a safe, drug-free way to provide relief.
How does it differ from a "regular" massage?
As the recipient is pregnant, the massage therapist requires greater knowledge of pregnancy and anatomy of a pregnant woman. This means that positioning during a massage is critical to the safety and well-being of both the mother and the baby she is carrying. There are also parts of the body that should not be massaged.
Our massage therapists have received specialised training and are certified in prenatal massage. They know how to position and support a woman's body during the massage, modify techniques, and avoid certain areas during pregnancy.
They use a special pillow that allows you to rest comfortably and safely during the massage.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of Pregnancy Massage include:
- Relaxation and stress reduction
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Can ease labour pain
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering
- Specially trained pregnancy massage therapists
All our pregnancy massage therapists are specifically qualified in pregnancy massage and use specialist equipment for pregnancy massage treatments. Our practitioners are also all chartered members of their relevant professional associations, so you can be assured you are receiving the best treatment from highly qualified experts.
It is important to note that pregnancy massage is only designed to be taken after the first trimester.
Our TeamWe have 8 experienced Pregnancy Massage Therapists
Similar to Pregnancy Massage
Deep Tissue Massage
Targeting the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries
Using gentle techniques to release tension and relieve stress
Increase the flow of lymph and reduce toxins in your body
Enhancing performance and recovery